5 popular job oriented courses:
If you have passed or appearing in 10th standard and planning to start a course that will accelerate your career. Here are 5 popular job oriented courses that you can choose among them from below:
Job opportunities – textile designing, accessory designing, fashion merchandising, boutiques, fashion writing, costume designing etc.Popular institutes offering these courses are NIFT (all branches), Pearl Academy (all branches), Popular job oriented courses, and JD Institute.
Graduate Diploma Programs
- Eligibility – Any Graduate, 10+2 Pass-outwith 50% aggregate marks, Good score in entrance exams
- Duration –3 months -1 year
- Focus – single area of specialization, for instance, CAD (Computer Aided Designing)
- Popular programs – Fashion Retail Management, Fashion Designing and Apparel Technology
Job opportunities – management of hotel, restaurants & resorts, cruise management, administration & management of catering, hospital catering, airline catering services, loading houses, etc. Popular institutes offering these courses are Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology & Applied Nutrition, Welcomgroup Graduate School of Hotel Administration, UEI Global.This is very Popular job oriented courses nowadays.
- Eligibility – After completing class 10th
- Duration – 6 months – 1 year
- Focus – Preparing the candidate for many entry-level jobs in hotels, resorts, and entertainment venues.
- Popular programs –Certificate in Food and Beverage
(Online), Certificate Course in Cookery for Homemakers, Certificate Course in Cookery for Commercial Cooks, Certificate Course in Bakery for Commercial Bakers
- Eligibility – A candidate must be at least 12th pass with minimum 40% marks having English as a compulsory subject.
- Duration – 2 years
- Focus – A broad overview of hotel management industry and its key services.
- Popular programs – Event planning, food and beverage management, hospitality marketing and advertising
- Eligibility – Cleared 12th class with a minimum of 50 % marks. Many institutes may ask candidates to take an entrance test
- Duration – 3-4 years
- Focus – General education (like science and language) as well as the chosen discipline or “major”, in-depth laboratory work related to the operational areas.
- Popular programs –B.A. in Hotel Management, Bachelor of Hotel Management, B.Sc in Hotel Management, B.B.A. in Hotel Management
- Eligibility – For 1-year postgraduate diploma: 45 percent aggregate score in graduation. For 2-years Master’s degree in Hotel Management: a minimum of 50 percent in graduation. Also, Common Entrance Test is conducted
- Duration – 1 -2 years
- Focus – The effective organization and delivery of hospitality-related services, which includes business strategy and hands-on, practical hotel management training.
- Popular programs – P.G. Diploma in Hotel Management, M.B.A. in Hospitality Management, Masters in Hotel Management
In print journalism, professionals can work as editors, reporters, columnists, correspondence etc. Electronic journalism includes working for Radio, Television and the Web. Popular institutes offering these courses are Indian Institute of Journalism and New Media, Asian College of Journalism, Symbiosis Institute of Mass Communication
- Eligibility – 10 + 2
- Duration – 1 year
- Focus – Different writing styles and ways to get published
- Popular certificate programs – Certificate in journalism and mass communication, Certificate course in Camera and lighting, Certificate course in Anchoring and Reporting
- Eligibility – 10 + 2
- Duration – 1 year
- Focus – A complete foundation in the subject area
- Popular programs –Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication, Diploma in Print and Broadcast Journalism, Diploma in T.V. Journalism
- Eligibility – 10 + 2 OR Equivalent examination in Science stream with a minimum of 50 % marks. An entrance examination is conducted by some reputed colleges and institutes.
- Duration – 3 years
- Focus – Developing capacity of evaluation and analysis of the events happening around us and making them useful for newspaper, magazines, television, and radio. Knowing and understanding the moral and legal responsibilities of Journalism and medium of Mass Communication
- Popular degree programs – Bachelor of Mass Communication (B.M.C.), B.A. Mass Communication, B.A. Journalism, Bachelor of Journalism, B.Sc (Mass Communication and Journalism)
- Eligibility – Graduate in a field related to journalism OR A graduate from any other field, who has a flair for writing.Sometimes, relevant work experience is a must. An entrance examination is conducted by some reputed colleges and institutes.
- Duration – 1-2 years
- Focus – Media Law, Data Journalism, Digital Journalism, Research & Reporting
- Popular post-graduate programs – M.A. (Journalism), M.A. (Journalism and Mass Communication), Master in Development Journalism and Electronic Communication, Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism and Media Management, Post-Graduate Diploma in Radio and T.V. Journalism
Job opportunities – Working with supervised setup (Design studios and Interior design firms) or working independently. Government sector jobs – PWDs, Municipal Corporations and Town Planning Departments, schemes related to housing and relocation of people.Popular institutes offering diploma, degree and post-graduate courses are National Institute of Design, J.J. School of Arts, IIT Bombay
- Eligibility – 10+2 passed (any stream- Science, Commerce or Arts) from a recognized board. Some institutes also accept 10th passed students.
- Duration –6 months – 1 year
- Focus – Design theory, process and studio work.
- Popular programs – Certificate in Interior Design, Certificate in Interior Design and Decoration
- Popular institutes offering certificate courses – Designer Institute of Interior Design (DIID), Exterior Interior Ltd., Auxilium School of Interior Design
- Eligibility – 10+2 passed (any stream- Science, Commerce or Arts) with 45-50% aggregate marks.
- Duration –1 – 2 years
- Focus – Creative planning and skilled design of interior spaces..
- Popular programs – Diploma in Interior Design, Diploma in Interior Design and Architecture
- Eligibility – Same as Diploma program.
- Duration –3 -5 years
- Focus – Studio work – building a portfolio and fulfilling an interior design internship
- Popular programs – B.A. Interior Design (3 years), Bachelor of Design (B.Des.) Interior Design(4 years), Bachelor of Architecture Interior Design (5 years)
- Interior Design (5 years)
- Eligibility – Graduate in interior design field, entrance exam
- Duration – 2 or 2.5 years
- Focus – Building on the theoretical understanding of design methods and practical application of creative skills in a variety of industries.
- Popular programs – MA, M.Sc., Master of Interior Design, Master of Design, M.Arch. program related to interior design and planning, PG Diploma, PG Certificate Interior Design, MBA (Interior Design)
Job opportunities -Fashion industry, newspaper houses, Business Processing Outsourcing, the corporate sector, tourism, hotel industry and production houses. Also, a capable event manager can work as a consultant in a corporation or can work on his or her own.Popular institutes offering diploma, degree and post-graduate courses are National Institute of Event Management (NIEM), International Institute of Event Management, Amity Institute of Event Management Popular job oriented courses.
- Eligibility – 12th pass and above
- Duration – 1 year
- Focus – A wide range of Industry oriented subjects, internships, and on-the-job training
- Popular certificate programs – Professional Certificate in Event Management
- Popular institutes offering certificate courses – Indian Institute of Learning and Advanced Development (INLEAD)
- Eligibility – 10 + 2 (min. 50% marks) and Graduation (min. 50 %)
- Duration – 1 year part-time
- Focus – Events planning, consultancy, and research.
- Popular programs – Diploma in Event Management, Diploma in Aspects of Media, Marketing, and Events
- Eligibility – HSC (10+2) from any stream
- Duration – 3 years full-time
- Focus – A rock-solid foundation in event management.
- Popular programs – B.B.A (Event Management), B.B.A. (Event Management & PR)
- Eligibility – Graduate from any stream
- Duration – 1 – 2 years full-time or part-time
- Focus – Planning, and execution of events, offering critical education in brand building, marketing, and communication.
- Popular programs – Masters in Event Management, MBA in Event Management, PG Diploma in Event Management and Public Relations
You can choose according to your interest that we have listed above popular job oriented courses. These are short-term job oriented course which is beneficial for a student those are looking to start from basic level to get jobs in short time.